Stand-Up Comedy 101
Comedy Class Syllabus:
- Learn the basics of stand-up comedy in a structured class setting
- Mold topics into an original routine through a weekly on-stage performance workshop
- Translate your ideas into a crafted act through proper joke structure and editing techniques
- Experiment with elements of improv and acting principals to create a unique and organic performance
- Hone your joke crafting skills with a focus on writing content
Comedy Classes Include:
- Six two-hour-long comedy class sessions at Goodnights Comedy Club, Wednesdays from 6 to 8PM
- A Graduation Showcase at Goodnights at 8PM on the Wednesday immediately following the final class session (schedule permitting) in which participants perform for an audience of friends and family in a supportive, positive, and controlled environment
About the Instructor:
Brent Blakeney’s stand-up career began in 2011 in Virginia. He is now a touring feature comedian for several different comedy franchises, as well as a regular at many independent clubs, and tours with Last Comic Stand Winner Jon Reep. He has developed his voice in Raleigh, NC at the historic Goodnights Comedy Club. He delivers a very energetic and “larger-than-life” performance at all of his shows.
Brent teaches introductory, intermediate, and advanced stand-up comedy classes at Goodnights Comedy Club.